Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Packages and Celebrating Life

Good morning!


Today marks the day that we send you your family packages!  Teachers have been working over spring break to prepare lessons. At school, we are making the materials you will need to complete those lessons.  We can't wait for you to open them! Feel free to take pictures when your package arrives...we'd love to see them children opening them! Enjoy a message from us:


 

On a different note: Minutes, hours and days continue to happen no matter what is happening with the virus. This is a beautiful reminder that we are being keep in tune with the rhythm of life. Within that rhythm, we have much to celebrate, one being LIFE!

Therefore, while I am not big on drawing attention to myself, for this blog I will share that today is my birthday.  Yes, indeed, I was born on April Fools Day...but not just me, my older sister was also born on this day also! (We are three years apart.) In the classroom we enjoy celebrating your child's life. We ask students to bring photos showing moments in their life...this invites us into a community celebration. 

Here are a few pictures from my growing up years...thank you for virtually celebrating with me!
Blessings,
Mrs. W :)

I loved the creek and everything we could find in it!

Taking care of our own little "Wilbur"

My sisters and I were a creative bunch....
Here we figured out a way for "Salt" the sheep
to take us for rides on our sleds.
It was a win, win for us, though I am not
sure how much Salt enjoyed it!

One thing I LOVED to do was sew.
My younger sister wanted her Pound Puppies
be 'pretend' married so I created a
wedding dress and tux for them. 




Once in highschool, I began to enjoy gymnastics
and drawing. 





2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mrs. W! Thanks for sharing the photos and story...so fun! We miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Angela!

    ReplyDelete

Life is a challenge, meet it!

January 18, 2021 Do you ever feel like it takes forever to journey through January?  Do you ever just have one of those days where you feel ...