Friday, March 27, 2020

Inspired or Inspiration!

Yesterday, upon returning home, I was met by my daughter Teresa, who was bubbling over with excitement.  She walked me downstairs to show me what she had worked on throughout the day. She calls it her “Wall of Inspiration.” 

And there I stood. I found myself looking more carefully at what she had taped to the wall...and while I have not drawn in quite some time, I was inspired to want to pick up my drawing pencils again! 


You know how one item leads the mind to think of something else, which leads to think of yet another thing?  I was suddenly transported back to when Teresa was a young one and ALL she wanted to do was her work with her ‘pencils’ and carry around post-it notes. (She loved to stick them on the end of her fingers...it kept her happy for hours!)  My thoughts lead to feeling inspired by the behaviors and impressions pressed upon us as we grow and mature...we are all taken on a journey to prepare us for what is to come. Dr. Montessori said, “The child is the builder of man. There is no man existing who has not been formed by the child he once was.” These days with our children are precious, no matter the challenge or hardship faced.  Our children will form the man (or woman) that is to become…Our children are the leaders of the future. 


Therefore, as you begin ‘spring break’ with your family, continue to take time with each other, being and praying together, playing together, laughing together, dancing together… These are the days they will remember, these are the times they will tell their own children about.  These times are priceless.


Enjoy a little inspiration from Teresa:






Enjoy a little inspiration from inside the homes within our community.
Nico

Gabi

Gemma and Maible

Kayleigh
Monica

Felicity and Maribel

Iris


Mrs. Salonek
Last but not least, enjoy a reading of the story On the Day You Were Born by Debra Fisher. 



As you enjoy this story, look for the tiger that Ms. Mary is holding in this picture. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Teresa’s art 🙂 and all the photos on the blog. It’s a joy to see snapshots of our SJB community ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Life is a challenge, meet it!

January 18, 2021 Do you ever feel like it takes forever to journey through January?  Do you ever just have one of those days where you feel ...