Sunday, October 4, 2020

Guardian Angels

October 2, 2020

Today is the Feast of the Guardian Angels

and as stated before, I simply love angels.  Perhaps it is due to how close the word is to my name...perhaps I just live the idea of a being whose role it is to represent us before God, to watch over us always, to aid our prayer and then present our soul to God at our death.  

In Matthew 18:10 it says, "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father."

Additionally, I have found a resource if you are interested in learning more about angels.  It is linked here.

This picture is one that I remember from my childhood.  There is something very comforting in knowing that an Angel is always with us, guiding, guarding and lighting our path.  It has been said that the first name you wake up thinking is the name of your guardian angel.  I have tried numerous times to go to sleep with this on my mind and awake with a name, but alas, a name has never come.  While that may be discouraging to some, for me, it has been reassurance that the divine cannot be put into words, or into a name.

A prayer by Pope John Paul II in a General Audience on Aug 20, 1986:

"Angel of God, who are my guardian, enlighten, guard, govern and guide me, who have been entrusted to you by the heavenly goodness. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is a challenge, meet it!

January 18, 2021 Do you ever feel like it takes forever to journey through January?  Do you ever just have one of those days where you feel ...